Easy 5 minute Pizza Tomato Sauce
This easy pizza tomato sauce that can be prepared in just 5 minutes, is also a very healthy option. Forget all about the complicated sauces that require many different ingredients – this is the one you have been searching for. And not only because it is healthy but also it is so easy to make. It requires only tomatoes and spices – that’s it! The taste is just amazing.
For video instructions look at this Healthy Breakfast Pizza video (sauce recipe = minute 1:00):
What ingredients are in this easy pizza tomato sauce
- Canned tomatoes San Marzano style. Do not use regular tomatoes in a can. The San Marzano are a must to achieve the prefect flavor
- Salt and pepper
- Dried oregano
- Dried basil
How to make easy pizza tomato sauce
This recipe is a small portion recipe so feel free to increase the volume if you need to make more pizzas.
To a small pan add 10 ounces of San Marzano tomatoes.
Add ¼ teaspoon of dried oregano
Add ¼ teaspoon of dried basil
Add ¼ teaspoon of seal salt
Season with black pepper
Cook for 5 – 10 minutes on medium high until the sauce thicken slightly
Ways to enjoy easy pizza tomato sauce
- any homemade pizza you will be making
- this Breakfast Pizza recipe
- cheese toast as a base
I have been making this sauce to use for my homemade pizzas.
Easy Pizza Tomato Sauce
- Hand blender
- 10 oz canned tomatoes San Marzano style
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- black pepper
- Add all ingredients into a small sauce pan and blend it
- Put the pot on medium high heat and cook for 5 – 10 minutes until the sauce thickens a bit
- Serve it immediately or store in the fridge for a week